Looks like we may have our first set of details on the 2014 Chicago Blackhawks Stadium Series uniform thanks to a report from SportsLogos.Net Forums user “Sodboy13″.
- Still no known date for the unveiling or availability for purchase.
- Blackhawks’ Stadium Series jersey will supposedly be BLACK.
- Use Reebok’s Stadium Series template. Incomplete sleeve stripes, diagonal numbers, “chrome” crest, angled sides on the hem
- Team wanted a more traditional throwback – “1960s with a lace-up neck” – but league, Reebok pushed hard for the template
- Store doesn’t plan on stocking a large number, team has no intention of making the jersey an alternate going forward
- I’m thinking: old black 3rd, with “chrome” crest & the Stadium Series template quirks, more or less.
Please note that all of the above details are “alleged”.
A look back at the old black alternate uniform which Sodboy13 predicts the jersey will basically look like:
With the Reebok Stadium Series “quirks” added in, of course.
Basically all we know for sure… the jersey will be dark (their opponents, the Pittsburgh Penguins, have already unveiled a white jersey for the game); and the jersey will incorporate their chromified logo previously unveiled.