While five other MLS clubs may have ended up seeing their new kits for 2017 get leaked, two clubs who managed to avoid the leak and keep their cards close to the vest were Sporting Kansas City and the Montreal Impact. The two clubs unveiled their new kits for 2017 without a hitch, and both teams are going to be looking pretty good in their respective kits for the upcoming season.
For starters, let’s take a look at the Montreal Impact’s new clash kit. Montreal has worn a white secondary kit since entering the league, and their new kit stays true to form. It’s indeed all-white with blue accents, with special design elements meant to play up local landmarks in the city.
Meanwhile, Sporting Kansas City continues to stay on the cutting edge of kit design with their latest kit. SKC has always managed to come up with a design that was eye-catching without being ugly or boring, and they’ve done it again with this kit.
Here’s an explanation of the design elements from their official unveiling:
Sporting KC Primary Jersey Elements
- White, button-down collar, making it the first adidas jersey of its kind
- Right sleeve adorned by “No Other Club” wordmark in Matt Besler’s handwriting
- Four vertical, light blue stripes across the front
- New Ivy Investments logo across the chest
- White shorts with Sporting blue adidas three stripes
- Sporting blue socks with horizontal white stripes and SKC initials
- Made of lightweight mélange fabric
The club also claims that this is the first time that Adidas has used a button-down collar on a soccer shirt, and that’s a pretty dubious claim. With that being said, this is still a very nice looking kit and SKC continues to be one of the better-looking clubs in Major League Soccer with this latest effort.
So, what do you think? Which team looks best in your opinion? Which kit has been your favorite so far in this year’s kit rollout?