Peyton Manning may not be playing up to his usual standards this season, but NFL fans don’t seem to mind.
The 38-year-old future Hall of Famer is tops on the NFL’s Top Selling Jerseys chart for the 2014 season.
After tabulating all sales on its NFL.com Shop from April 1 until October 31 the Broncos quarterback is number 1 in the league, beating out Seattle’s Russell Wilson – the QB who beat him in the Super Bowl last season. The new kid on the block, “Johnny Football” comes in at number three.
Methinks Peyton would probably rather have won that battle than this one.
Top 25 Selling NFL Player Jerseys (NFL.com Apr 1-Oct 31, 2014)
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
2. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
3. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
4. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
5. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
6. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
7. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
8. JJ Watt, Houston Texans
9. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
10. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
11. Devon Still, Cincinnati Bengals
12. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
13. Seattle Seahawks 12th Man fan jersey
14. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
15. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
16. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
17. Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles
18. DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
19. Eli Manning, New York Giants
20. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
21. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
22. Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks
23. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
24. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
25. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers