“The King” is back on his throne.
Despite missing almost all of the 2020 season and a dip in goal-scoring form in 2021, Atlanta United striker Josef Martínez has topped Major League Soccer’s list of the best-selling jerseys across the league this season.
The 10 best-selling jerseys in 2021 include:
The Seattle Sounders lead the way with four players among the Top 25, followed by LA Galaxy and expansion franchise Austin FC with three. All the Galaxy players on the list are in the Top 10.
Atlanta United, Nashville SC and Portland Timbers each have two players on the list. Los Angeles Football Club, Orlando City, San Jose Earthquakes, Minnesota United, FC Cincinnati, Columbus Crew, Sporting Kansas City, Philadelphia Union and Inter Miami each have one.
Here’s the full Top 25 list for your perusal:
- Josef Martínez (F – Atlanta United)
- Raúl Ruidíaz (F – Seattle Sounders)
- Carlos Vela (F – Los Angeles Football Club)
- Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez (F – LA Galaxy)
- Nicolás Lodeiro (M – Seattle Sounders)
- Cristian Roldan (M – Seattle Sounders)
- Miles Robinson (D – Atlanta United)
- Fredy Montero (F – Seattle Sounders)
- Jonathan Dos Santos (M – LA Galaxy)
- Sebastien Lletget (M – LA Galaxy)
- Nani (M – Orlando City)
- Chris Wondolowski (F – San Jose Earthquakes)
- Cecilio Domínguez (M – Austin FC)
- Emanuel Reynoso (M – Minnesota United)
- Brenner (F – FC Cincinnati)
- Lucas Zelarayán (M – Columbus Crew)
- Walker Zimmerman (D – Nashville SC)
- Johnny Russell (F – Sporting Kansas City)
- Diego Valeri (M – Portland Timbers)
- Alejandro Bedoya (M – Philadelphia Union)
- Gonzalo Higuaín (F – Inter Miami)
- Diego Chara (M – Portland Timbers)
- Alexander Ring (M – Austin FC)
- Tomás Pochettino (M – Austin FC)
- Hany Mukhtar (M – Nashville SC)
The 2021 MLS regular season wraps up on Sunday, Nov. 7. After a break for international games, the 2021 Audi MLS Cup playoffs get started on Saturday, Nov. 20.
Feature graphic photos courtesy MLSStore.com